The summer transfer window isn’t open yet in Europe, but teams are getting ready for it, and there’s plenty of gossip swirling around. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and, of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: Gundogan has Saudi offer
Barcelona have been making efforts to sign the Germany international when he becomes a free agent, with it being suggested that the Catalan giants have even reached an agreement with him. There is also interest from Paris Saint-Germain, who will be desperate to emulate City’s achievement of lifting their first ever Champions League title.
However, Saudi Arabia is also making efforts to sign the coveted midfielder when the opportunity arises. This comes as part of the push to sign big-name players for the league, which has already seen Cristiano Ronaldo join Al Nassr in January and Karim Benzema move to Real Madrid to Al Ittihad last week.
09.00 BST: Belgium international midfielder Youri Tielemans will join Aston Villa next season, the Premier League club said on Saturday.
After the expiration of his contract with Leicester City, the 26-year-old is set to join the club on July 1. Leicester’s relegation last season prompted Tielemans to seek a new opportunity and he becomes Villa’s first signing of the summer transfer window.
Tielemans attained hero status at the King Power Stadium in 2021 by scoring the winning goal in the FA Cup final against Chelsea.
Villa finished seventh in the Premier League last season, earning them a spot in the Europa Conference League.
Aston Villa is delighted to announce that the club has reached an agreement to sign Youri Tielemans.
— Aston Villa (@AVFCOfficial) June 10, 2023
PAPER GOSSIP (by Danny Lewis)
– Manchester City are considering making a move worth £60 million for RB Leipzig centre-back Josko Gvardiol, reports Ekrem Konur. The 21-year-old has also been linked with Manchester United, Chelsea, Real Madrid and PSG.
– Bayern Munich want a decision by Wednesday on whether Lucas Hernandez will renew his contract or they should offload the left-back to PSG, according to Christian Falk. The 27-year-old has only one year left on his contract and Bayern are looking to ensure they avoid losing the France international as a free agent.
– Saudi Arabian club Al Ahli have made defender Sergio Ramos an offer of two years with the option for another, as reported by Ekrem Konur. The 37-year-old will be a free agent with his PSG contract expiring at the end of June.
– AC Milan are working to sign Villarreal winger Samuel Chukwueze, reports Sky Sports Italia, which adds that the Spanish club want €25m for the 24-year-old’s transfer. Milan are also looking at Lens star Lois Openda, who has a reported €40m fee. Milan also are interested Borussia Monchengladbach‘s Marcus Thuram, who will become a free agent at the end of June, but whose wage demands of €6m per season are considered too high.
– Atletico Madrid‘s Alvaro Morata is the priority for AS Roma as they look to bring in a striker during the summer, reports Calciomercato. The 30-year-old is keen to be reunited with Paulo Dybala after they previously played together at Juventus. Roma could look to sign Morata on an initial loan with an obligation to make the move permanent for €30m, or have Roger Ibanez included in a deal.